Internal Regulator - Security Specialist
As an Internal Regulator you will manage the surveillance programme in order to provide an overview on security performance and report these findings to key stakeholders and governance bodies.
We are looking for the Internal Regulator to have:
- Extensive experience of working or regulating within a security environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills capable of influencing customers, stakeholders and other in the team.
- Organisational and reporting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to both reactive and routine requests.
- Reporting writing and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment Methodologies
- Knowledge of Defence Nuclear Security Regulation Conditions.
- Experience of undertaking investigations and/or Audit (Preferred).
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities