ROQ is a software testing consultancy and is now recruiting a permanent Test Lead to join us at an impressive time of growth. The role will require security clearance.
About the role
As Test Lead, you will take responsibility for leading the test team during the test analysis and design, test build, and execution of a test phase. Your primary responsibility is to lead your team, which includes planning the work and ensuring that it is completed on time and within budget to a standard that meets or exceeds the client’s expectations.
A key part of this role is to provide regular, accurate, and concise reports on your team’s progress, highlighting recent achievements, planned work, and risks and issues that might prevent the team from achieving its plans. As a Test Lead you will be capable of thinking innovatively about how best to test the solution and what may be required in order to facilitate testing
What ROQ can offer you
In return ROQ can offer a highly competitive starting salary, company pension, Fitbit, life assurance, staff discounts, buy and sell holidays, on-going training and superb career development whilst working in an innovative environment and working amongst skilled professionals.
- Define and maintain Test Plans and Test Schedules
- Assigning work, monitoring progress and providing feedback to members of the team
- Collect and report test metrics and statistics to report progress into the Project or Test Manager
- Provide management, direction and mentoring for the test team
- Support and oversee top-down and bottom-up analysis on systems/system components
- Ensures the Test Plan and identified testing solutions meet customer needs and expectations
- Verify Test Data is correct against requirements
- Define and maintain detailed execution schedule ·Collate status reports for managers and highlight issues and risks against the plan
- Lead the process for logging defects, using defect risks to adjust plans as necessary
- Looking for opportunities to improve the approach/test process
- Career management of junior team members through coaching and mentoring
- Champion knowledge sharing and collaboration across the business
- Experience in a senior testing position including leading a team.
- Experience of implementing waterfall, agile and hybrid/custom testing approaches
- SME level exposure to industry leading test tools
- Experience of engaging and building strong relationships with Business sponsors/personnel to ensure business value is a primary deliverable.
- Experience across a broad range of Testing phases, including UAT and Live Proving
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Experience of managing teams working on multiple projects