Desktop Support Specialist
We are looking for a Desktop Support Specialist to provide third line troubleshooting support, solving problems for the customer base and Help Desk, working on the maintenance of medium complexity desktop systems including, but not limited to, Hardware, Operating System and Security policies applied to those solutions.
As the Desktop Support Specialist you will be responsible for Operating System configuration, undertaking application resolutions within locked down environments and participating in various projects, upgrades and maintenance activities.
We are looking for the Desktop Support Specialist to have:
- Previous Desktop Systems Administration experience
- Working knowledge of Desktop technologies and environments.
- Experience of operating systems including Windows 7, Windows XP and 64bit variants thereof.
- Ability to operate under pressure and influence decisions
- Technical investigation and problem solving skills.
- Highly proficient computing skills.
- Degree in IS/IT or ONC/HNC in an IS/IT related subject (Preferred).
- Able to provide comprehensive reports for operations (Preferred).
- Able to write and update technical documentation (Preferred).
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.