Project Engineering Lead
Project Engineering Lead - RF & ECM
£45,000 - £60,000
International Aerospace Company
An International Aerospace Company is seeking a new Project Engineering Lead to join their Home Counties Operations to focus on their RF and ECM related projects. They are renowned for their state of the art RF and Electronic projects, their modern and flexible culture, and their investment in their employees to help them develop & progress into more senior leadership roles in the future.
This lead role will be primarily focused on engineering development activities, providing management, technical direction and leadership in conjunction with the Chief Engineer for the Compact Jamming System (CJS) product and related projects.
The PEL role will also be required to support business winning opportunities within the RF-ECM ICT for development projects and export CJS customers.
The PEL will be responsible for the Engineering technical solution, schedule and budget, engineering milestone adherence. The PEL will be working closely with the Customer/End User and internal stakeholders agree the optimal technical solution and manage the Engineering deliverables. The PEL will also be responsible for creating and owning the Engineering Management Plans and ensuring that the Engineering aspects of the projects are delivered in accordance with Company Life Cycle Management process, company and legislative standards and be responsible for the planning and managing the maturity design reviews.
Key Responsibilities include:
To promote an IPT approach during Customer engagement and facilitate compliant cost, schedule and technical solutions by working effectively with all internal stakeholders including Capability management, the IPT lead, the Engineering functions and the Manufacturing and Supply chain.
Work with the RF-ECM IPT to deliver:
- Candidate concept solutions including the results of any de-risk studies
- A design solution that maximises the re-use of existing 'resources', is producible, robust and works in its environment, i.e. is fit for purpose
- Management of multi-disciplined Engineering teams, ensuring that roles within the teams are clearly defined
- Establish and maintain good lines of communication across the Engineering IPT and upwards to the IPT lead
- Management of the Engineering technical quality, schedule and budget
- Support the management of Suppliers and project Make or Buy decisions as required
- Managing upward reporting and management of Customer expectations in line with agreed solution
- Control project configuration and change management
- Identifying technical risks and mitigation strategies
- Ensure that the design rationale is documented
- Input to the Project Cost Review Board (PCRB) process for UPC management
To be successful you should ideally have:
- A projects or engineering related Degree (or equivalent)
- Good problem solving ability
- Good schedule and budget control
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Commercially aware
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong leadership competency but also can demonstrate team working skills
- Knowledge of engineering lifecycle and business process.
- Good understanding of RF systems with ECM being desirable
Interested and think you have the right skills and experience?
Then apply now!