Project Quality Engineer
Project Quality Engineer
£ Excellent Salary + Bonus
Defence / Military
On offer is the chance to further your career within a genuine market leading company that houses some of the most interesting engineering projects in the country. You may be looking for a step up in responsibilities, or you may be looking to step sideways into a company that employs over 10,000 people worldwide; either way, this company can offer great career prospects and the opportunity to work within a great environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in South Wales
* Responsible for the approval and generation of Programme Quality Plans which define the Operational Quality Assurance activities in relation to the programme.
* Supporting the tailoring of the company Processes to suit the programme and contractual needs.
* Liaison and work with managers and peers in other support functions as appropriate to the Operational Quality Activity area.
* Plan and execute programme quality tasks within the allocated budget, providing up to date estimates to complete as required.
* Performing programme audits at agreed points in the project lifecycle. Including audits at sub contractors to ensure that the appropriate systems are in place and interfaces are defined.
* Consultancy and support/advice to Programme Managers, Engineering and other business areas as required.
* Attendance at selected key reviews in accordance with agreed plans, including reviews at sub contractors. (Depending on size of development and risk etc.).
* Review of key programme plans and documents including sub contractor produced documents.
* Ensure that sub contracted activities such as design and development and production are undertaken in accordance with the sub contracted requirements.
* Plan and conduct Quality Assurance activities for defined products to allow for and undertake the signing and stamping of Certificates of Conformity on behalf of the Company including PPAP and End Item Data Pack approval.
* ONC/HNC in an Engineering/Quality Discipline with Quality Engineering Experience.
* Internal Auditor qualified.
* Experience of working in a design and or manufacturing environment.
* Good knowledge of ISO9001:2008.
* Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation.
* Must be willing to travel within and outside the UK and be flexible in terms of working hours associated with overseas working.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your skills.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with you up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to nicholas(dot)watson(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk