Oracle Database Administrator
An experienced Oracle Database Administrator with good Solaris skills is required to be part of a small technical team providing mission critical support to an important MOD organization.
The team is tasked with providing monitoring and application of preventative and corrective maintenance on an Oracle 11g database based system. A good working knowledge of Solaris will also be required as well as general installation, backup and recovery procedures.
The role will be split between RAF Waddington and our Lincoln Offices with the majority of time being spent at RAF Waddington.
This will be a customer facing role and candidates will need to demonstrate previous experience in this type of environment, as well as good interpersonal skills and an ability to work well within small teams.
The ideal Oracle Database Administrator will have:
• A good working knowledge of Oracle Solaris 10
• Knowledge/experience of SQL, PL/SQL
• Oracle 11g Database administration
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must currently hold unrestricted DV clearance (this not negotiable)
Desirable Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge/experience of Solaris Admin and/or Oracle Solaris 11
• Knowledge of security clamped operating systems
• Oracle 12c Database administration, Oracle WebLogic server
• Previous experience in a 1st or 2nd line support role
• Oracle Certification
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week. The salary is £50,000 - £55,000 per annum plus full company benefits.
Benefits will include:
• 25 days holiday
• Company pension
• Private medical insurance
• Subsidised gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
• Company benefits portal
• Share Save Scheme
• Free onsite parking
How to apply:
Due to the nature of the work, in order to be considered for this Oracle Database Administrator role you must have a current and transferrable DV clearance.
MASS is an equal opportunities employer.