Senior Trade Compliance Officer
Senior Trade Compliance Officer
£Excellent salary + Bonus
Aerospace / Defence / Military
Hastings, East Sussex
On offer is the chance to further your career within a genuine market leading company that houses some of the most interesting engineering projects in the country. You may be looking for a step up in responsibilities, or you may be looking to step sideways into a company that employs over 10,000 people worldwide; either way, this company can offer great career prospects and the opportunity to work within a great environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in South Wales
My client is looking for an experienced Trade Compliance Officer
that has experience within an Engineering environment and ideally with Aerospace / Defence engineering environment experience.
The Trade Compliance Department is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable import & export regulations for domestic and international business. In addition, the receipt, use, dissemination and re-transfer of controlled U.S. technology must be conducted in full compliance with U.S. export legislation and the relating authorisations. This requires the preparation and maintenance of comprehensive import, export and re-transfer records.
The role of the Senior Trade Compliance Officer will involve supporting the business in all aspects of import & export compliance across bids, programmes, business development and marketing activities.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with programme teams and the wider trade compliance teams to support import & export compliance activities.
The successful candidate will be required to:
* Support the Trade Compliance Manager in managing all import & export compliance activities within bids, programmes, business development and marketing activities. Liaise with relevant programme personnel to identify import/export compliance requirements then devise a detailed plan, obtaining stakeholder buy-in, to meet those requirements. Review and maintain records of all supplier responses to Product Classification Questionnaire / RFQs. Prepare accurate and compliant import & export paperwork, customs documents and maintain complete records for audit.
* Prepare and submit export licence applications and F680s via SPIRE. Prepare and submit re-transfer authorisation applications to U.S. Govt. Support US suppliers in the scoping of accurate US authorisation applications to support programmes / business development before submission into the US Department of State. Carry out activities required to execute and maintain appropriate records.
* Produce reports and documents as required by the business and Trade Compliance Manager. Provide guidance, support and training to employees.
* Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing UK export controls (Military and Dual Use)
* Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in the use of SPIRE
* Knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing, US export controls (ITAR and EAR)
* Computer literate, with good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint Numerate, with good written and verbal communication skills to allow communication of detailed and complicated subjects in a manner that is appropriate to the audience
* Methodical approach to problem solving and task prioritisation with exceptional attention to detail
* Conscientious, enthusiastic and with an ability to rapidly switch subjects
* Proactive, and with the credibility to gain the respect of personnel at all levels in the company
* Desire and potential to progress
* Able to work well and make clear rational decisions under pressure
* Able to work as part of a team and autonomously by managing own workload
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your skills.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with you up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to nicholas(dot)watson(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk