Systems Administrator - Linux/UNIX
Systems Administrator - Linux/UNIX - SC Cleared
We are currently recruiting for an SC Cleared System Administrator to work with our IT team to support developments in the Software Development Environments used by software engineers in the UK to develop a very niche software.
The role will involve:
- Working in a team to bring new applications and capabilities into the existing Software Development Environment (SDE) using Atlassian tool set.
- Configuring the IT Infrastructure utilising physical and virtual servers.
- Configure and test the client applications (Linux and Windows) and work with the end users to ensure that the tools are correctly integrated with other applications in the SDE tool chain.
- Ensure that backup and disaster recovery is built into the solution
- Supporting the user community as they migrate their work to the new applications.
- Documentation of the solution.
- Have previous experience in the IT industry administering/operating software engineering tools.
- Linux system administration skills, preferably Red Hat
- Have experience of administering applications in both Linux and Windows environments
- Be a good communicator with a proven record of working in IT teams to deliver solutions to business teams
- Ideally have experience providing IT solutions for software engineering design and development teams.
- Previous experience of installing and configuring Jenkins and Atlassian tools (JIRA/Confluence/Crowd) is desirable.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age