Senior Packaging Integration Engineer
Package ~ basic salary, plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional benefits and an excellent work / life balance including a 9 day working fortnight.
Purpose of role
- Provide a service for the provision of approved packaging for the safe transport and storage of radioactive materials and other dangerous goods, hazardous materials and non-hazardous manufactured components
- This service captures the business demand for Packaging, including the design, approval and hardware requirements, and integrate the demand into the Packaging Integrated Master Schedule (IMS). It covers the full packaging lifecycle from concept to disposal
- Responsible for understanding the business demand for Packaging from Helpdesk, Technology Centre Supplementary Schedules and customer requests, and translating this into the Packaging IMS, whilst managing stakeholder expectations
- Align Packaging approval, maintenance and hardware demand using an integrated approach
- Responsible for managing customer demand through Helpdesk requests and providing solutions in accordance with the baselined plan
- Report and provide metrics to the Quality Engineer
- Establish and manage the Packaging Forward Action Plan (FAP)
- Take ownership of the Packaging RAG status to optimize facility and personnel loading while meeting customer requirements
- Manage tasking and ensure appropriate budgetary control is in place
- Ensure alignment with high level schedules such as the company order book, Level 0 Plan, Technology Centre IMS and Supplementary Schedules
- Provide "what if" solutions to due to changes in customer requirements
- Drive the resolution of queries and RAG status impact through discussion with stakeholders as appropriate
Candidates will be expected to be qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND in appropriate discipline or have equivalent experience e.g. apprentice trained, be willing and able to work in designated areas of site and be able to obtain and maintain the necessary clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.