Radiochemist - Data Interpretation
Basic salary plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
Purpose of role:
Would you like to conduct research in the analysis and interpretation of radiochemical data?
We are looking for someone able to develop a proficiency in the analysis and interpretation of radiochemical data to support AWE's physics and national nuclear security programmes; someone who can work independently on complex tasks that require in-depth analyses; someone who can develop unique solutions to unique problems.
In addition to the above, we would also expect you to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree level knowledge of a scientific discipline, preferably chemistry, physics, or a related discipline, or the equivalent education and related experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, necessary to collaborate in a team environment and to present technical information
- Significant ability to track details without losing focus of broader scientific objectives.
- A good understanding of radiochemistry, radioactive counting techniques, and / or analytical chemistry methods
- Experience with writing computer codes and experience in the statistical analysis of datasets
- Initiative and interpersonal skills necessary work in a collaborative,multi-disciplinary environment
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing to travel within the UK and overseas for meetings.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and applicants with disabilities.