Business Development Executive - Engineering
Business Development Executive
£ negotiable salary with excellent benefits.
On offer is the chance to further your career within a genuine market leading company that houses some of the most interesting projects in the country. You may be looking for a step up in responsibilities into a senior position, or you may be looking to step sideways into a company that employs some of the best engineers in the country; either way, this company can offer great career prospects and the opportunity to work within a great environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits
To support the existing business and enable future growth my client is seeking a Business Development Executive. The role includes the responsibility for generating and securing profitable sales orders within designated market sectors across international territories and also for further developing existing accounts and identifying new customers. Through close liaison with clients and market analysis, the appointed person will be expected to identify and deliver a full range of opportunities, extending from discrete projects through to major long term relationships.
- Identifying and winning new business opportunities
- Key Account Management - working with customers and in-country agents
- Formulating and implementing successful business capture plans for major sales prospects
- Preparing successful winning proposals
- Understanding the customer's technical requirements and directing them to the right solution
- Upkeep of the orders and sales pursuit pipeline
- Assisting in the formulation of technology roadmap and product strategies
- Attendance at international trade shows and exhibitions.
- As a minimum, the ideal candidate should have at least 2-3 years' experience working in a customer facing role, this may be within business development, contracts or project management
- Knowledge or experience of dealing with UK and overseas defence OEMs, and government agencies
- Proven ability to develop new business in military and/or commercial aerospace fields
- Experience of key account management and a proven track record of developing sound long term business relationships
- Qualified to degree level in a technical discipline
- Linguistic ability would be advantageous, but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your skills.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with you up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to nicholas(dot)watson(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk