Configuration Specialist - CAD Compliance
We are looking for a 'Configuration Specialist - CAD Compliance' to assure the quality of Computer Aided Design (CAD) work output by AWE's outsourced CAD service, ensuring that it is delivered to a consistent high standard.The individual will need to have a strong understanding of drawing baselines and will be required to work closely with the asset platform teams (EDMS, GIS and AMS).A key responsibility of the role is to liaise with stakeholders to investigate the delivery of the configured baseline, supporting the development of asset lifecycle CAD workflows. This is achieved through the ability to support the construction of, and assure the quality of, drawings through regular inspection and test activities. We are looking for the Configuration Specialist to have:
- Previous experience with CAD Management at BIM level 0 - 2 and a good understanding of the CDE
- Experience in the use of Electronic Document Management Systems and have a good understanding of workflows
- Formal CAD training or equivalent experience, preferably with Autodesk Applications in particular AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Revit, Inventor and NavisWorks
- The ability to carry out surveys of existing installations and translate the information into required CAD data.
- Knowledge of the BS1192 series of standards and provide feedback to the business on AWE CAD standards to maintain current best practices
- Knowledge of CAD standards and procedures along with CAD data configuration.
- Good communication skills working with stakeholders and Supply Chain to develop relations and deliver operations