Lead Software Engineer
An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. You might be looking for an increase in responsibilities, or you might be looking to step sideways into a company that employs over 10,000 people worldwide. Either way, this employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in North Yorkshire.
What distinguishes you?
- 5 years+ experience as a Software developer
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of at least one relevant programming language
- Good understanding of SW life cycle
- Possess a positive attitude
- Expert knowledge of computer languages.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Performs work of high difficulty in designing, writing, editing, modifying, and debugging computer programs
Your contribution to something big
- Write and test software to meet defined specifications
- Design, write and test software from imprecise specifications
- Take responsibility for the delivery of components of software within the team
- Participate in and lead code reviews
- Write detailed technical specifications for software components, based on domain knowledge and best practice
- Contribute to user documentation for software products
- Create, deliver and work to a defined project plans
- Analyse complex or imprecisely-specified requirements from customers
- Create detailed / complex specifications for entire software products
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components, deliver product prototypes
- Make presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in code and the environment that will affect system performance
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk