Azure IT Specialist
Azure IT Service Specialist, West London - Contract
My client is a Top Pharmaceutical company who are currently looking to recruit an Azure IT Service Specialist to join their well-established company. The ideal candidate will need a balance of business process understanding and technical breadth.
The key responsibilities for the Azure IT Service Specialist include:
- Ensures continuity of business execution through ensuring production applications are:
- Fit for purpose (eg easy to use and reliable) and support the evolving business processes
- Are cost effective - Total cost of ownership is at an optimal level
- Meets an agreed Risk Profile (eg ageing of technologies, controlled regarding regulated applications, aligned with business continuity).
- Provides the linkage of technology and business process understanding to quickly restore service, including the creation of facile and creative workarounds, as necessary to support 1 business process/service and associated applications (~5 applications), supporting small to medium sized user populations(5-100), across 1-2 geographies).
- Participates in troubleshooting in applications across multiple technology domains and business areas.
- Ensures accurate and easy processes are followed to ensure ongoing continuity of knowledge including:
- Application dependencies (across applications, hardware)
- How applications support the business process
- Service Designs and commitments, including how well the applications perform against the service designs
- Recommends improvements to these processes to simplify approach across all of Application Services.
- Participates in continuous improvements that improve end-user experience, reduce risk and/or lower the cost of ownership of the overall business process/service on an ongoing basis.
The key experience and knowledge required will include:
- Knowledge of technical aspects in Business Analytics
- Have demonstrable experience in developing system prototypes that are user-centric in their design
- Have demonstrable experience on using best practices and principles in business intelligence applications and platforms.
- Have demonstrable experience of using Microsoft Power BI to develop data models, interactive reports and dashboards for visual insights.
- Should have good knowledge on the Microsoft Azure services and components
- Should be able to work with Microsoft for any issues / reviews
- Should be able to conduct the quick PoCs to showcase PowerBI capabilities
- Should be able to conduct the feasibility study of a requirement in PowerBI
- Should be able to guide/train customer on the PowerBI features and feasibilities
- Have demonstrable experience of using SQL databases and SQL server and data warehouse services.
- Have knowledge on how any ETL tool (e.g Datastage, SSIS, Informatica) work in BI and DW landscape
- Good knowledge of Consumer Healthcare business processes supported
- Insight into next generation data warehousing and BI concepts e.g Machine learning, data lake, MDM etc would be valuable
- Analytical and Service Improvement Techniques
- Analytical, able to understand processes and systems and to develop strategies
- Knowledge of ITIL Support Processes
- Previous experience in application management, operations, and/or support including knowledge and experience of Incident, Problem ,Change Management and Service Transition
- Awareness of systems/software development methodologies & ability to select appropriate one to meet objectives
This is a contract role for the Azure IT Service Specialist working for a Top company on a global scale. To apply to Azure IT Service Specialist please send a CV or call to discuss.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age