Residential and Senior Residential Support Workers
Salary details: £18,070 - £20,661 (plus two increments for unsocial hours and a secure allowance of £723.06) pro rata for part time and £21,268 - £24,964 (plus two increments for unsocial hours and a secure allowance of £723.06)
Permanent, full time for senior position, part time for non-senior
Atkinson is a Devon County Council Secure Children's Home which provides a safe and therapeutic environment for young people (aged 10-17 years) with emotional and behavioural difficulties. The children and young people we care for are often in crisis and require intensive support. The Home is graded by Ofsted as 'Good' and with your support we are aiming to become 'Outstanding'.
Working for Devon County Council delivers all the benefits you would expect from a large employer including:
- Salary up to £22,685 and £27,545 (dependent upon experience and role) plus sleep-in allowances;
- Generous annual leave and other holiday entitlements;
- Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Eligibility for enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and sick pay;
- Excellent free training opportunities including level 3 Diploma in Residential Care, Restorative Approaches and Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy;
- Incremental pay increased within your pay grade;
- Future career opportunities within Atkinson or Devon County Council.
You will have experience of working with young people who have complex needs and present with challenging behaviours.
If you have the below skills and qualities we would like to hear from you:
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations;
- Commitment and a ‘can do’ attitude;
- A team player;
- Able to build positive relationships with children and young people;
- Empathy and understanding for causes of behaviour;
- Emotional resilience and self-awareness;
- Able to work AM and PM shifts and every other weekend.
To find out more about the role please refer to the “Residential Support Worker Fact Sheet” along with the job description and person specification.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role requires a DBS disclosure.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
There may also be the opportunity of 16 hour posts. Please specify on your application form any preference.
Closing Date: 12 November 2017
Interview date: w/c 20 November 2017
More searches like this
- Central Government DBS Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Somerset
- Intelligence DBS Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Somerset
- Policing DBS Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Somerset
- Public Sector DBS Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Somerset
- Investigation DBS Permanent £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in Somerset