Software Engineer / JAVA Developer
Software Engineer - JAVA Specialist
£45,000 - £50,000
An international Aerospace & Defence company is seeking a Software Engineer / JAVA Developer with a background in electronics to join their Southampton operations.
This is a very exciting opportunity to be involved in the design and development of state of the art projects and technology used by the British Ministry of Defence. The work you would do in this role will help to save lives and change the way this country is defended in years to come.
If selected, you will join an established software development team and be supported by a team of experienced engineers.
You will be responsible for:
- The design, development and maintenance of robust software for market leading cooled thermal imaging cores based upon a bespoke Android hardware platform. The system has been designed with power efficiency and performance in mind from the ground up and as such makes use of a number of cutting edge technologies such as GPU compute for real time image processing. This role also includes the design and development of Android software to control external devices and other sensors to meet specific customer system requirements. Additional tasks include software to monitor hardware performance in real time and to aid with system verification.
- The design, development and maintenance of in-house test software. The candidate will be expected to develop and code software to interface with custom-built hardware to control both test equipment and test our range of detector products.
- Recognised 2.1. Degree or higher in Software Eng., Physics or Electronic Eng.
- Experienced Java developer and experience of another language, e.g. C++/C#/LabView
- Experienced in writing multi-threaded applications.
- Experienced in making Linux kernel device tree modifications.
- Experience of using version control systems, such as Git.
- Ability to assimilate and apply technical information to design tasks and to problem solving
- Ability to apply software engineering best practices throughout the development lifecycle
- Evidence of good organisation, planning and execution of work
- Ability to work closely in a team with other engineering and science disciplines
- Effective communicator with attention to detail and a flexible approach.
- Experience of working with customers to develop requirements into technical definitions and specifications
Interested and think you have the right skills and experience?
Then apply now with your current CV and get yourself in the running.