Senior Java Software Developer
Altran is recruiting a Senior Java Software Developer to work on site at their prestigious client in Guildford.
As a Senior Java Software Developer with Altran, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high, as such we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
- To contribute to the creation of customer solutions
- You will be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle; working towards properly engineered information systems, containing software as the major component, to meet agreed business requirements
- Software design & associated documentation
- Development and integration of the solution
- Solution handover
- Solution support
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to progress.
Skills and Requirements:
- Main skill set - Java backend developer
- Desirable secondary skill set - Web development
- Java JSE/J2E 7/8
- Linux OS (preferred RHEL/Centos)
- XML, JSON
- JAX-RS, RESTfull services, Quartz, Lightweight containers
- Queuing technologies (RabbitMQ)
- GIT, Maven
- Java Security APIs, X.509 certificates, ciphers
- Scripting; Python, Shell
- Other databases: Oracle, MongodB
- Ability to work independently
- Proactive learner and proactive communicator
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Good written and spoken English
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.