Security Officers British Embassies
Minimal Risk requires a professional, flexible and adaptable individual with UK Government Developed Vetting (DV) Security Clearance (SC will be considered for enhancement) to join an already established team in various British Embassies at 4 locations around the world. The generic responsibilities are to provide a 24/7 service working a shift pattern rotation whilst in country, encompassing but not limited to:
- Preventing unauthorised access to certain restricted parts of the building at each location.
- Protecting the property and assets.
- Preventing unauthorised removal of official and/or personal property from Post.
- Responding to emergencies out of hours; e.g. fire, flood or intrusion into any building and compounds and request as necessary.
- Detecting and reporting sightings of suspicious activities, objects or persons out of hours.
- Acting responsibly towards official personnel and visitors (both authorised and unauthorised) with due regard to their human rights, local and international law.
- Maintaining and utilising the access control systems applicable to the post concerned.
- Adhering to Post Security Regulations.
- Ensuring that when required the correct areas/buildings are locked and secured.
- Enforcing entry/exit control to buildings by checking and confirming as necessary personal identification and only permitting access to personnel (after searching and removal of prohibited items) with the necessary authorisation to visits outside of normal working hours.
- Conducting regular patrols and searches around designated areas of Post as agreed with the local Security Authority.
- Undertaking reasonable and appropriate additional measures required by the Overseas Security Manager (OSM).
- Monitoring alarm systems, CCTV and any other security systems and investigate and report suspicious activities, objects or persons out of normal office hours.
- Supervising non-vetted external contractors' staff when necessary (e.g. cleaners, painters, maintenance workers) in the designated areas of the buildings, out of hours.
- You will also support other team colleagues and the Mission security team on standby whilst at Post to provide additional security and back up as required.
- The right person will be reliable, responsible and be able to demonstrate effective judgement.
- Must have very good interpersonal/customer skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a small team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- You must hold an in date SIA Licence.
Terms and Conditions:
Flights will be provided at Economy class to home hubs only.
Accommodation will be provided close to the Embassy.
Annual salary £26,500 paid monthly + bonus at the end of the first year.
In Country Allowance (ICA) - £325 paid each month in country (not on leave).
Rotations are 3 calendar months on & 1 calendar month off.
Three Calendar months Annual Leave (paid) per annum.
You must be a UK Citizen to apply for this position.
Security Clearances will be confirmed before any deployment is made. Copies of official Clearance Certificates/letters will be required prior to any interview taking place and will be asked for (if you have a security clearance currently held).
Interviews will be with Minimal Risk Recruitment Team. Successful candidates will be contacted directly.
Please see our website www.minimalrisk.co.uk
More searches like this
- Defence SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Worldwide
- Intelligence SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Worldwide
- Policing SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Worldwide
- Security SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Worldwide
- Counter Terrorism SC Permanent £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Worldwide