Java Technical Lead
Altran is recruiting a Java Technical Lead to work on site at their prestigious client in Guildford.
As a Java Technical Lead (Application Development and Maintenance) with Altran, you will be fundamental to our ability to deliver to our customers and clients. Our customer expectations are high, as such we are looking for adaptive driven people to deliver on time to required quality.
- Complex integrated software with multiple frameworks and exacting HA/DR/Security requirements
- Work collaboratively with CSR, customers, project managers, development team, testing and operational functions to ensure that proposed solutions are technically viable and appropriately costed
- Review and enhance requirements, user stories and use cases
- Design and implement software solutions covering everything from defect fixes to major modules that integrate with other solution components or external systems and ensure designs/solutions adhere to quality standards and methods
- Ensure that technical dependencies are identified and tracked throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure that compliancy to design is tracked through the project lifecycle through to deployment
- Take ownership/accountability for problem diagnosis reported in any of the test/production environments and in the recommendation of solutions
- Ensure that proposed technical changes are assessed appropriately for the impact and cost to IT systems
- Ensure that the end-to-end design artefacts HLDs as well as LLDs, user stories and epics are maintained and kept up to date
- Ensure that non-functional requirements for projects are defined clearly and consistently
You will possess creative problem-solving skills in a team environment and comfortable with communicating clearly and efficiently throughout varying levels of both the customer and Altran businesses. Due to the nature of the assignments undertaken by Altran you will work in an environment that promotes autonomy and initiative, requiring a flexible attitude. Above all, you will have a desire to progress.
Qualification and Education:
- Educated to degree level or holds a professional qualification
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience working in software integration, design and development in an ADM technical lead position
- Significant experience working in software development environment with strong Java, Web UI, Java script, XML, Linux, SQL, Oracle database
- Demonstrable experience of technically leading complex development and integration projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle (Analysis => Production)
- Experience with UML and knowledge of one or more design methodologies including Agile and EIP
- Knowledge and experience of implementing data based solutions
- Knowledge and experience of working in a CI environment with associated tools
- Knowledge and experience of configuration management tools and techniques
- Microsoft tools; Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio
- Experience working within a large scale Mobile Telecom/IT environment and the role of core elements
- Strong understanding of IP & Security networking; load-balancers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience of working on HA and DR solutions. Able to demonstrate factors that need to be considered with concrete examples
- Strong problem diagnostic capabilities
- Strong understanding of testing objectives, techniques and tools
In addition to the culture and career development opportunities at Altran, we offer a matched pension scheme, healthcare and generous holiday allowance.