Project Manager - Project Management
Holborn, Central London - 12 Month Fixed-term Contract - £55,000
Are you a driven and experienced Project Manager who is passionate about utilising your existing management knowledge and experience with delivering successful projects? If so, my client is currently recruiting a Project Manager to join their team.
As a project manager you will ensue that the projects are set up and deliver the required products within the specified tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. You will manager multi-disciplinary and matrix working teams to deliver the projects and products from start to finish. In addition you will provide project delivery advice and support to potential project partners across the organisation, also you will support the effective set-up and delivery of programme and project governance arrangements.
- Taking ownership of, set-up, managing and delivering projects from end to end.
- Planning project budgets, resource requirements and delivery schedules.
- Draft Project Initiation Documents (PIDs) or Programme Definition Documents (PDDs).
- Ensuring that agreed specified criteria are delivered on time, quality and to budget.
- Ensuring project roles and responsibilities are clearly understood.
- Providing project delivery input and advice to business cases prepared by others in the organisation.
- Identifying, mitigating or escalating project delivery risks and issues.
- Applying change management skills and techniques to drive through change projects and initiatives ensuring minimal business disruption and maximum impact.
- Driving resource efficiency, ensuring that appropriate resource is used effectively during project delivery.
- Managing project delivery through matrix working and management of 'virtual teams' drawing on colleagues throughout the organisation (and in many cases external parties).
- Carrying out project delivery stakeholder's analysis and ensuring effective engagement approaches are employed.
- Ensuring that integration and handover of projects into business as usual operations is successful and on-going support is achieved.
- Recommending improvements to systems and process that would benefit both the customer and organisation.
- Ensuring project related documentation such as project Highlight Reports and project plans, are produced in line with agreed organisational approaches and standards (these materials may be best produced by others, advised/validated as appropriate by this role).
- Carrying out post project reviews and ensuring that any lessons learned are fed into the organisation's knowledge base.
- Conduct Project Close-down activities as required by the MAS Programme and Project methodology.
- Proven expertise in delivering large/complex projects through a customer - centred design approach.
- Good facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management in relation to project delivery.
- Evidence of people influencing capabilities and project team leadership and management experience.
- Expertise in leading change deliverables and engagements within a fast-paced environment using Prince 2 and Agile methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A relevant project management qualification.
- Expertise in applying change management tools and disciplines to enable effective and sustainable project delivery.
- Risk management experience and skills in a project-based organisation.
- Planning and benefits realisation experience.
- Experience of identifying critical delivery paths for projects in complex organisations.
- Proficient with all standard MS Office applications, and expert in MS Project or similar.
If you feel you have the requisite knowledge and skills, please email your CV in the first instance. Suitable candidates will be contacted accordingly. If you require further information about this opportunity, please contact Jack on 0161 9243689 or