Direct Delivery Engineer
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
To maintain a safe, legally complement and functional built environment by the effective delivery of Planned Maintenance, Reactive and remedial works.
The Direct delivery Engineer will be required to play a leading role in the delivery of all Hard FM services and associated contract outputs. This will include the identification and implementation of a suitable regime to achieve and maintain legal compliance on the all building systems including -
- Heating and ventilation
- F Gas
- Alarm systems
- Industrial Doors
- Water Systems
- Fixed Electrical systems
- Lighting Systems
- Chiller Plant
- Access and barrier systems
- Pressure systems
The post holder will be required to produce reports and records of maintenance and keep computer aided systems up dated.
The post holder will implement the business unit safe system of works and manage the supply chain to ensure they achieve excellent safe standards.
- Excellent commercial understanding of FM contracting and service level agreements
- Understands and has experience of current FM software tools - CAFM
- Understands the requirements of current legislation
- Creates and drives forward a culture that demands active two way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the organisation
- Encourages and supports others to give their best; understands how different people are motivated and acts accordingly
- Acts as a passionate and inspiring advocate for communication
- Commercially proficient
- Understands people management
- Adapts to changing business needs
- Employs a proactive 'can do' approach to problem solving
- Understands the players in the competitive market
- Significant experience in the FM environment
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidate will need to demonstrate a good level of communication skills
- Qualifications in English, Math and Science at O'Level - CSE - GCSE or equivalent
- Electrical Installations C&G 236 or equivalent
- Electrical Test and Inspection C&G 2394 or equivalent
- Full UK driving licence
Candidate will need to demonstrate wide and varied experience with a multi discipline maintenance environment.
- Water Hygiene managements Qualification
- Hold or working towards Membership of an associated Professional Institute. NEBOSH General Certificate or IOSH Facilities Management (4 Day) Qualification.
- Knowledge of TABS CAFM and IFS software
- Knowledge of Information Security and Data Protection act.
- Recognised qualification in a building service discipline.
- Experience in the application of a permitted SSoW in the management of High Risk Works
- We value and promote equality and diversity in the workplace and are committed to the equality of opportunity for all, with appointments made on merit.
- We believe that for any organisation to be successful, it needs to work with the most talented and diverse people available. We positively encourage applications from people from all sections of the community, from all backgrounds and with a broad range of experience.
- We undertake that any application will be dealt with fairly, with decisions made on any application based on merit and the ability of the applicant to meet the requirements of the role.
- If you believe that you may be unfairly disadvantaged during the recruitment and selection process for any reason please let the recruiting manager know so that consideration can be made as to any reasonable adjustments
- If you are interested in applying for this role, please ensure that you discuss it with your line manager before applying and complete the internal application form.
Applicants must have, or be able to obtain, SC Security Clearance
RAF Shawbury, Shrewsbury
12 November 2017
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.