My client, a financial service provider, is looking for a talented individual to join their expanding team, who is dedicated to providing the necessary firewall protection to the organisations networks. This role can be based from Edinburgh, London or Leeds, and will be joining a wider team of 10. The position will involve firewall support and project work, as they continually rebuild the firewall estate, with the ability and willingness to engage with programmes and initiatives throughout the project lifecycles.
There is a 24/7 shift pattern in place, with a rotating 12hr shift pattern, where a shift allowance is paid, allowing the appropriate candidate to have a good work-life balance. There is scope for progression while working alongside a more senior team member, with the ability to use your technical skills and problem solving ability to quickly resolve issues as they arise. Technically you will be CCSE/CCSA or qualified through having relevant experience with checkpoint Firewalls, with the ability to deliver into a multi-vendor, enterprise-level environment, with being hands on with the devices to planning larger changes and implementations.
- Successful candidate would be an expert in the subject matter of infrastructure, within role scope and expected to have a strong understanding of Checkpoint Firewall Technologies.
- Working closely with other teams across the Network Technology function to deliver and support firewall infrastructure used by the client.
- Analyse system performance and lead incident recovery for complex and critical platform related issues.
- Experience of working in a highly technical team is essential with third line support experience in a high pressure fast paced environment.
- Ability to assess user needs and convert these into technical solutions.
- Monitoring and alerting with Cisco firewall and networking experience desirable.
- Previous experience of delivering high quality checkpoint firewall infrastructure, checkpoint R77.30/R80 experience.
- Customer focused with a high level of professionalism and customer service focus to meet and exceed the customers.
The client offers an award-winning benefits package, with brilliant training opportunities for personal and professional development, recognising and rewarding your performance. In joining this client, you will bring valuable experience whilst being customer focused with a good cultural fit.