Investigator - Lancashire East
Servoca Resourcing Solutions a looking for a number of Investigators to work on the Serious and Complex crime unit for Lancashire Constabulary.
To manage and participate in a wide range of evidence-gathering and crime-investigation duties for Serious and Complex crime and to ensure that any evidence obtained is recorded, secured and preserved in a timely and appropriate manner.
- To provide an investigative response to incidents.
- To secure, preserve and gather evidence within Investigations in order to prove or disprove information and establish facts.
- To conduct diligent enquiries into this serious and complex criminal investigation, plan and manage own workload, and retain responsibility as the officer-in-case for aspects of the investigation.
- To provide support to witnesses and assess their need for further support throughout the criminal justice process.
- To interview witnesses and obtain statements in relation to this serious and complex investigation.
- To interview suspects in relation to this serious and complex criminal investigation.
- To input, interrogate, maintain records and utilise internal / external IT systems, in particular ENCASE and HOLMES2 databases, to support management decisions and produce comprehensive reports.
- To present evidence to CPS and at court
- To promote and comply with Lancashire Constabulary's obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Health & Safety, both in the delivery of service and the treatment of others.
- To be responsible for improving your performance by participating in the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) process with your manager.
- PIP 1 or 2 qualified
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Ideally experience with the child abuse divisions
- Experience with video interviews
- Experience with 2nd 3rd or 5th tier investigations
Working hours will be Monday - Friday Day shift
Pay Rate: £11.21 (PAYE) to £17.60 (Umbrella) depending on experience and PIP level.
Location: Blackburn and Burnley
Contract Length: 8 Months