Data Analyst (RAF7432)
Job Title: Academy Data Analyst
Location: BMW Academy Wokefield Park, Reading.
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 pa (depending on experience)
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 100 business, provides 600 services across six continents and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation. Our Skills & Learning business is one of the nation's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training working in partnership with major employers across the Automotive, Emergency Services, Engineering and Service sectors.
Babcock International Group is currently looking to appoint a Data Analyst whom will liaise with both management and operational teams in order to bring clarity and standardised reporting across the business unit.
The ideal candidate for this role would work in conjunction with the System & Data Specialist providing statistical analysis and comprehensive business proposals to maximise the efficiency of the BMW Group Training Facilities.
The position will evaluate new & existing business report requests, gather requirements and structure the data analysis into workable business solutions.
- Responsible for providing forecasts to the Academy encapsulating current trends and requirements to maximise potential business opportunities.
- Track specific target areas of data and maintain comprehensive, methodical, precise & structured excel spreadsheets.
- Provide proactive methodology and solutions to break down complex sets of data into workable documents, which in turn can be utilised by the wider team.
- Create and utilise reports via the internal Talent Management System (TMSi) to proactively support BMW & BMW AG with new & existing business initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with the Scheduling Team and Customer Relations Team providing data analysis and 'quick win' solutions to assist with day to day priorities.
- Create business process documents to ensure continuity and consistency of data analysis going forward.
- Be pro-active to the needs of the business, providing comprehensive and workable proposals that will ultimate enhance the day to day activities within the Academy.
- Be able to identify data anomalies within reports and have the knowledge and capability to make the required adjustments to ensure data integrity.
- Provide adhoc reports to the business, as and when required and be able to make adjustments and amendments where necessary.
- Be able to fully explain complex data issues in terminology that can be easily understood, absorbed and utilised.
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting and data visualisation software, with strong presentation skills
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development and data mining
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Communication skills - both written & verbal
- Strong analytical & creative mind-set
- Flexible and proactive team player
- Confident & good problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure & meet tight deadlines
- Establish network of internal & external contacts
- Ability to work independently taking ownership of your work
- Influential skill and ability to manage customer's expectation
Qualification/ Industry Knowledge
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Experience of a training environment preferred
- Automotive industry experience preferred but not essential
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, please click the Apply Now button below.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.