Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
Assist in the production of accurate and timely project financial information, ensuring adherence to robust financial controls, supporting the Controller - Management Accountant and Head of Plant, and improving the efficiency of processes and reporting.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OR MAIN TASKS
- Work with the Controller - Management Accountant, Head of Plant and Project Accountants in maintaining and improving processes used to operate and control project financial performance.
- Production of the timely and accurate recording, preparation and presentation of plant sales and overhead financial information for the Joint Venture, RTG and own business.
- Ensure correct coding and processing of transactions to enable the accurate recording of all costs.
- Ensure provision of effective financial support ensuring tight control of all revenue transactions.
- Management of overhead and project GRNI balances.
- Timely, allocation of recharges and central charges where applicable.
- Accurate and timely processing of journals.
- Ensure that project and overhead housekeeping is maintained, including time sheet management, timely posting of journals etc.
- Carry out pre input and post input checks on all documents including providing coding information to accounts payable to ensure source data is accurately coded.
- Work with the Head of Plant and overhead budget owners, to ensure robust analysis of costs, providing in depth analyses where required.
- Ensure overhead reporting is relevant, reliable and timely to enable appropriate decision-making. Identify and highlight any concerns assisting with corrective actions where appropriate
- Provide support to the Controller - Management Accountant and Head of Plant to meet the monthly reporting process
- Provide support to the Controller - Management Accountant during the annual budget process
- Carry out relevant intercompany matching requirements to ensure that all the costs are transferred accurately and timely and appropriate backup is provide so that costs can be fully substantiated.
- Assist with continuously reviewing current processes and systems and suggest revisions to better fit business requirements
- Provide information to the Internal and External Auditors for projects as and when required.
- Provide all the necessary financial requirements in a professional and timeous manner.
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
- Head of Plant.
- Controller - Management Accountant
- Project Accountant.
- Head of Finance
- Accounting systems, Project costings and Overheads are up to date and fully reflect the business operations
- All tasks carried out timeously in accordance with Network Engineering procedures.
- Compliance with and development of control procedures.
- Collaboration between finance and the project/commercial teams
- Qualifications & Experience
- AAT, Part Qualified Accountant, or a number of years of experience within a Finance function.
- Experience in detailed costing analysis
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and techniques.
- Good communication skills with Finance and non-Finance Managers.
- Previous experience in engineering or construction industry.
- Business and Personal Competencies
- Business/Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Planning & Organising
- Capable of adopting a logical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Able to make sound and timeous decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- Personal Drive
- Keen eye for detail.
- Strong analytical skills particularly using Microsoft excel to manipulate and analyse large volumes of data
- Good communication skills.
- Adaptable and motivated "self starter".
- Good interpersonal skills with non-financial management.
- Planning, organisational and analytical skills.
- Innovative, enthusiastic and flexible.
- High degree of computer literacy, including Excel and Apex
- Motives self and others for results.
- Keen to progress own career through a personal development plan.
- Willing and able to act on initiative within pre-defined constraints.
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly