Functional Analyst (SAP FI/CO)
The Functional Analyst (SAP FI/CO) is newly created, crucial role in the SAP AMS (Application Management Services) organisation and is responsible for the analysis, design, configuration and support of the SAP FI/CO module to meet the business needs of Babcock cross divisional back office processes.
Working closely with our customers to deliver, maintain and troubleshoot and enhance SAP functionality, the FI/CO specialist adds value to the AMS organisation through their knowledge of the FICO module and knowledge of its integration with other modules (Logistics/PS/HR/Procurement/BPC.
- Provides specialist level functional and configuration knowledge in designing SAP solutions in the FI/CO modules of ECC 6.
- Sound configuration knowledge of master data, GL, AP, AR, Asset accounting and Treasury.
- Sound configuration knowledge of cost element, cost centre, internal orders, product costing, profitability analysis and profit center accounting.
- Detailed understanding of configuration dependencies and integration points between separate functional modules of SAP (PS/Logistics/Procurement/HR)
- Conducts or participates in user requirements gathering, blueprinting & documentation designs.
- Ensure compliance to existing, and development of required data and reporting standards. Ensure the integrity of the finance configuration of the SAP system across multiple landscapes.
- Support business implementations by sharing best practice configuration skills.
- Assist with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modeling.
- Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities.
- Demonstrate proof of concept and assist in training activities
- Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
- Work with the Service Desk to facilitate incident & problem resolution.
- Work with SAP to resolve software bugs.
- Keep abreast of SAP releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
- Participate in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments and make recommendations.
- Perform break/fix analysis and recommend solutions for finance related processes.
- Develops functional specifications and works with BASIS and ABAP personnel resources to complete object development and testing.
- May be required to lead and coordinate the work of a small team.
- Understands the business processes and how the application supports the processes. Applies this knowledge to solve problems and deliver changes.
- Understands and applies Babcock methodologies and procedures.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A university degree or relevant experience in Finance or Information Management.
- 5 Years of hand-on SAP FI/CO configuration experience.
- Integration Experience with Logistics, Procurement, PS and HR.
- Good understanding the OTC, RTR, PTP and HR Processes as it interacts with FI/CO as per the standard SAP process model.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience as a consultant or customer facing experiences (Internal or External).
- Should be comfortable working in a team and independently.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Experience working in an environment where negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills are required.
- Desire to improve the current solution.
- Focus on delivering customer service and quality solutions.
- Experience or exposure to IT Governance.
- Exposure to ITIL Framework.
- Domain Expertise in Engineering & Construction will be a plus.
Security Criteria to be achieved:
MOD SC Security clearance
Other security clearances as contracts demand
e.g. Met Policy Security clearance, CRB
Due to the range of data his role will require access to the incumbent will also be subject to rules such as, but not limited to, ONR & ITAR.
Babcock offers a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday entitlement plus public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme and a broad range of career opportunities.
For further information or to be considered for this role, please click apply to follow the link below to our Careers page.
All applications should be made online. Recruitment correspondence is normally by e-mail, so please check your e-mail account and spam folder regularly. If you are experiencing any problems applying online, please visit http://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/faq/