Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
Implement the Design Manager's policy for the provision of a comprehensive, professional and cost effective drawing service on a wide variety of civil engineering projects to ensure successful delivery to Clients.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OR MAIN TASKS
1. Prepare quality and professional drawings on a wide range of Engineering projects and ensure that drawings are developed and produced accurately to industry standards.
2. Prepare drawings within allocated resources and on time as advised by Design Engineers/Manager.
3. Develop and carry out drawing check processes to ensure accurate interpretation of designer's requirements prior to issuing check prints to designers.
4. Liaise with Clients and other outside parties as required.
5. Assist senior staff in the development of the CAD section by promoting new ideas, advising on CAD add-ons and maintaining up to date in house systems.
6. Assist senior staff with the development of Quality procedures to ensure that the Division can achieve and maintain ISO 9002 registration.
7. In conjunction with the CAD Manager develop systems with other CAD technicians to provide uniform methods of drawing storage and archiving.
8. Responsibility will include for obtaining reprographic copies or drawing prints as instructed by designers. Duties to include folding copy prints as required by designers.
9. Detail reinforcement and prepare schedules to industry standards and cross check work of other CAD technicians.
10. Must be attentive to maintaining accurate drawing updates prior to issuing to designer for checking.
11. Responsible for maintaining a shared system with other CAD technicians to ensure adequate supplies of drawing production materials are available at all times.
12. Assist as required on other tasks as requested by designers within Engineering Projects.
13. Carry out surveys, site monitoring and undertake safety supervision roles as required.
• Comply with the requirements of workload and programme i.e. the production of drawings to standard and timescale.
1. Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum O.N.C. in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification. H.N.C. desirable but not essential.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years practical CAD experience of detailing reinforced concrete and structural steelwork related to general civil engineering works or building structures.
• Computer literate particularly in the use of CAD facilities. Must be capable of efficiently operating the current version of AutoCAD as used by Babcock desirable to be capable of operating Microstation version 8, 2004.
• Capable in the use of survey equipment and should have an understanding of up to date survey techniques and be prepared to learn these.
• Should have a sound working knowledge of current British Standards appropriate to drawing practices. Should also have an appreciation of other current British & European Standards, Codes of Practice, Railway Group and Line Standards and other statutory documents.
2. Business & Personal Competencies
• Should be self motivated and possess ability to work under own initiative to assist in achievement of project objectives.
• Good presentation, communication, interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate including hands-on and in-depth experience of computer-aided draughting packages.
• Full driving licence or willing to learn to drive.
May be required to work away from home.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a PTS Medical and a Drug & Alcohol Screening
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.