Assistant Topographical Surveyor
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
Responsible for supporting the Senior & Project surveyors on a day to day basis to ensure that the delivery of all contracts are delivered in an efficient, cost effective and safe manner.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OR MAIN TASKS
1. Site based, responsible for a full supporting role to both the senior/project surveyors.
2. Carry out all site works in a safe and efficient manner, taking cognisance of company procedures, NWR technical and safety standards.
3. Ensure that when interacting with both external and internal clients that they promote a professional outlook.
4. Ensure that they are fully conversant with the latest technology and innovative working practices being used within the division.
5. Be capable of undertaking small site surveys under supervision
• All works delivered to a high technical standard in conjunction with the project surveyor
• Full office support given to the project surveyor to ensure all QA procedures fully adhered to, and all necessary technical and safety paperwork fully archived as required.
• All work is undertaken in accordance with all safety procedures and relevant legislation.
• Development of skills matrix through active mentoring by project surveyors.
1 Qualifications & Experience
• ONC/HNC qualified is preferential or with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in the survey industry. A working knowledge of Autocad beneficial.
• Sound knowledge of the general aspects of topographical surveying including the use of the latest Total Stations, downloading of raw survey data and import into data processing packages. Sound understanding of the GPS system, including receiver operation and data collection. Capable of carrying out route clearance surveys and track monitoring surveys unsupervised.
• Aspiration to gain formal academic qualification in the survey discipline
2 Business & Personal Competencies
• Possess ability to work and integrate into a team, and be capable of working to and executing instructions given by project surveyors.
• Demonstrates ability to grasp new techniques .
• Achievement orientated - sets and achieves high standards. Adopts thoughtful, determined approach in pursuit of goals. Has a positive attitude and is tenacious when faced with obstacles.
• Must be computer literate in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Must possess full driving licence or willing to learn.
• May be required to stay away from home on a regular basis due to the itinerant nature of the work.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a PTS Medical and a Drug & Alcohol screening
Closing Date is 12th October 2017
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.