Desktop Asset Co-ordinator
Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
As a FTSE 100 business employing over 34,000 highly skilled and committed staff, Babcock is one of the largest and most successful businesses in the UK. Headquartered in London and with offices, specialist training facilities, dockyards, equipment testing centres and research and development facilities across England, Scotland Northern Ireland and Wales, Babcock is a significant employer and a key driver of the UK economy.
Our reach and influence spreads throughout Europe. We operate from bases stretching from Scandinavia to Southern Spain, delivering vital engineering support services and first class training to some of the world's most innovative and fast moving industries.
Our expertise, commitment and rigour is in demand.
We work with international navies, airports, the emergency services and the aviation industry and provide and manage essential infrastructure in power and communications.
To be the country's central Babcock IS contact for maintenance, support and implementation of desktop environments at a second line level. This will include fault fix, answering calls, asset management of equipment and fulfilling requests as part of a wider Desktop support team across Babcock International Group.
Major Tasks and Activities:
- Desktop fault management and rectification.
- Provide second line technical support of desktop platforms across all channels, including chat, email, phone, in-person, etc. within the agreed performance criteria.
- Ensure documentation is maintained to agreed standards.
- Engage with Business Solutions staff as appropriate.
- Adhere to prescribed process surrounding tracking assets through the device lifecycle.
- Enforce and abide by Babcock International's security procedures, practices and culture.
- Engage with UK BIS teams for support in resolving incidents related to core infrastructure.
- Grade incoming devices according to the specified guidelines and documentation.
- Configure/build desktop machines in accordance with standard process in response to approved IT users' requests for new devices.
- Support IT communication of Babcock IS and local messaging.
- Manage local courier services to collect/deliver new and used devices.
- Liaise with local suppliers in performing the destruction/resale/disposal of devices in accordance with standard Babcock IS process.
- Liaise with supplier in managing the onsite repair and collection of devices from the hub if under warranty.
- Stock Control and managing IT hardware disposals as per Babcock IS guidelines at central hub site.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary to achieve department goals.
- To provide second line technical support through agreed Service Agreement Levels (SLA's) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Provide second line fault fix and request resolution to agreed SLA's.
- Maintain Desktop environments to agreed standards.
- Provide desktop application support where required.
- Satisfied customer base through excellent customer service.
- Provide regularly organised communication to the end customer.
- Demonstrate a strong team working capability.
- Promote best practice relating to IT assets and advocate the use of standard Babcock IS process.
Qualification and Experience:
- Experience of working in a Service Delivery environment
- Proven experience of working in accordance with Service Level Agreements
- Strong verbal and written English communication
- Strong verbal and written Swedish communication
Technical & Specialist Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the ITIL environment and process
- Ability to problem solve complex technical issues
Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Positive customer focus
- Strong logical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player
- Confident people skills
- Resourceful planning capabilities
- Comfortable working across a multi-disciplined IT environment and diverse business
- Flexible can do attitude
- Able to work effectively to deadlines and prioritise efficiently
- Focused on quality and attention to detail
- Ownership and accountability skills
- Efficient time management
Security Criteria to be achieved:
- Criminal record check
- Baseline Security Clearance and Other security clearances as contracts demand This will involve providing two personal references and three forms of identification (preferably: Passport, Driving License and identification with your home address on)
Other Working conditions:
Ability and flexibility to travel between sites.
Requirement to support out of hours callout arrangement
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.