Babcock is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation employing over 28,000 people across the world. Babcock offer a hugely diverse number of career options.
To be responsible for delivery of specific survey related projects assigned to them in an efficient, cost effective and safe manner. The individual must be fully aware of client expectation, programme of delivery and cost allowable.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OR MAIN TASKS
1. Responsible for all aspects of the technical delivery of individual survey projects.
2. Carry out all site works in a safe and efficient manner, taking cognisance of company procedures, NWR technical and safety standards..
3. Ensure that when interacting with both external and internal clients that they foster a service culture to promote encourage and sustain business.
4. Remain fully conversant with the latest technology and innovative working practices to enable the cost effective and efficient delivery of project/contract work.
5. Assist the Survey Manger in the mentoring of trainees and graduates in a manner which encourages and assists them to reach their maximum potential.
6. Ensure agreed performance and other KPI targets are met.
7. Assist in the preparation of cost effective contract submissions including method statements.
8. Keep robust records of costs incurred and accrued on all projects under your control and prepare accounts for submission to Survey Manager.
• All works delivered to a high technical standard.
• All QA procedures fully adhered to, and all necessary technical and safety paperwork fully archived as required.
• Client satisfaction is achieved during and on completion of all contracts by delivery to specification and agreed timescales.
• Ensure all projects under their direct supervision are completed to the agreed contract allowable.
• All work is undertaken in accordance with all safety procedures and relevant legislation.
• The development of the technical skills matrix of all trainees and graduates in line with the latest technology applicable to both field and office procedures.
1 Qualifications & Experience
• Degree qualified with applied experience or HND/HNC qualified with a minimum of 3 years experience specifically in the rail industry.
• Fully conversant with all aspects of topographical surveying, including the use of the latest Total Stations, data collection of both Static and RTK GPS surveys, Route Clearance surveys, deformation surveys, elevation surveys and track setting out. Must also have a sound understanding of the OS active network, the benefits and uses it presents, and its direct suitability in the production of large scale GPS based survey control networks. Must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of data processing strategies using an industry recognised data processing package.
• Experience of managing smaller contracts and the supervision of junior staff on site
• Knowledge of operational railway and associated safety matters is essential.
2 Business & Personal Competencies
• Exercises effective leadership within small survey team, having strong communication and management skills.
• Demonstrates ability to mentor junior staff members both in technical aspects and safety within the railway industry
• Embraces and champions change, willing to break with tradition to implement best practice.
• Achievement orientated - sets and achieves high standards. Adopts thoughtful, determined approach in pursuit of goals. Has a positive attitude and is tenacious when faced with obstacles.
• Must be computer literate
• Must possess full driving licence or be willing to learn.
• May be required to stay away from home on a regular basis due to the itinerant nature of the work.
• May be required to undertake on-call duties to agreed timescales.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a PTS Medical and Drug & Alcohol screening
Closing Date is 12th October 2017
All applications should be made online. If you experience difficulties please click here Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.