IT Security Engineer
Role: IT Security Engineer (Contract)
Clearance: NATO Secret
CND are looking to recruit an IT Security Engineer for an initial 4 month contract with their client in Germany. The successful individual will be working within a dynamic, multinational team carrying out duties in the Information Security & Assurance area.
- Applying policies and standards to ensure safe and efficient operation, administration, maintenance (both in-house and outsourced), and user support of all systems; Internet, System Software, data safety, support facilities for software and data maintenance, and other assigned special purpose systems
- Applying antivirus measures to all IT/CIS Systems and networks and ensuring continuous updates are deployed to protect all IT/CIS systems
- Applying Data Loss Prevention measures to all IT/CIS Systems and networks to prevent accidental and/or intentional loss of classified information
- Applying configuration settings to all connected network border devices (Firewalls, Proxy appliances, DNS appliances) as defined by security policies and in accordance with settings provided by local Command Group/Information Security Section
- Applying skills and techniques required to conduct advanced and in-depth troubleshooting of security related IT/CIS infrastructure
- Applying standard operating procedures system software and data configuration management, quality assurance of technical system (product) and for maintenance of (in-house and outsourced) support processes and their technical documentation
- Executing and/or supporting installation services for IT/CIS security related system software on Servers and client platforms
- Applying and implementing Communications and Computer Information Security policies and procedures throughout NAEW&C IT/CIS networks
- Ensuring documentation of all E-3A Component IT/CIS systems and networks are kept up to date, with special view on security architecture
- Knowledge and experience of working with:
- Active Directory
- Advanced McAfee ePO/DLP
- Fluent spoken and written English is mandatory
- Previous NATO assignment
- Experience working in international/military environment
- Recent experience LAN/WAN and storage area networks architectures
- Recent experience in system administration in both Windows and UNIX - LAN/WAN and storage area networks
- Experience in providing configuration control of software and data in Client Server environments
Candidates must hold valid UK Security Clearance or be able to attain the level of Clearance specified.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability, salary requirements and availability to (see below)
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
CND Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for IT Security Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly