Exciting PERMANENT Stress Engineer position based in Leicestershire!!!
Our client a well established Composite organisation based in Leicestershire is looking to add an experienced Stress Engineer to their expanding team.
Purpose of the role:
As a Stress Engineer you will perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation and hand calculations for design analysis, material research, and development of processes for products designed within MPC. Working within the team to provide solutions for different polymer seals, and composite structures for Aerospace applications. This will involve functionally reporting to the Engineering manager, with matrix responsibility reporting to Project Managers to deliver to the project timescales and deadlines. Degree qualified with a background in Engineering design.
Main duties/ Responsibilities:
Perform FEA simulation during the design and development phase, to ensure products are fit for purpose based on parameters defined by the customer, Using Patran and Nastran Stress analysis software.
- Provide FEA technical support for MPC across, manufacturing, R&D and Procurement.
- Material development and characterization to support the FEA material database.
- Provide Engineering support for material selection during the design and development phase, including the design and development of tests to verify performance.
- Adhere to the DEM 100 processes and procedures
- Provide technical assistance to both external and internal customers, joining company representatives at customer sites as and when required.
- Support the cross functional team in problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge coupled with ongoing professional development, for the joint benefit for the job holder and the business.
- Provide technical stress reports and presentations as appropriate.
- Undertakes other duties and tasks, appropriate to the function, at the discretion on the job holders line manager.
- Functionally reports to Engineering with matrix reporting to Project Manager as assigned on programmes.
- Primarily providing support across the Design Engineering function for FEA.
- Interpersonal skills required to liaise with customers, suppliers and visitors
- Internal and external relationships to be built and fostered.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on 01223 373333 or visit our website www.aeropeople.com