IT Operations Centre Shift Leader
IT Operations Centre Shift Leader
Manchester (Soapworks) - £35,114 - £40,380 + excellent benefits + training package + shift allowance
IT Operations Centre Shift Leader - we are looking to recruit an IT Operations Centre Shift Leader to join the IT Operations Centre (ITOC) service that will provide real time monitoring of the core technology, infrastructure, applications and services within the Home Office under the direct management of HODDaT, providing a holistic single operational view of our enterprise estate, related technologies, services and complex interfaces.
This is a brand new role, which offers the opportunity for you to develop your knowledge and skill base through undertaking technical training in an areas that the Home Office are building upon within their operations control capability.
- Lead and manage shifts on the ITOC and the workload of shift analysts across the portfolio of services under the remit of the ITOC, ensuring alignment with Home Office Technology and Live Services strategies, policies, processes and standards.
- Monitor shift activities to maintain the service delivery of the ITOC, ensuring the shift team effectiveness is maximised
- Prioritise shift activities ensuring the shift operational planned and unplanned activities are priorities to maintain service objectives
- Escalation Point - Be the first point of escalation for the shift team
- Monitoring the infrastructure, the network and associated applications for alerts and events to provide immediate response to issues
- Oversee Analyst activity and activity load to ensure that requests for assistance are responded to in a timely manner according to agreed SLA's and OLA's
- Supporting Analysts to diagnose and resolve operational issues/incidents accurately ensuring that they are logged correctly and either closed successfully or escalated appropriately to 2nd or 3rd line support teams and suppliers as appropriate and ensuring that incident management is kept up to date
- Ensure ITIL Service Management procedures, policies and processes are fully adhered to at all times including asset and configuration, incident, event and demand and capacity management. Monitor work instructions to ensure that they are up to date and fit for purpose.
- To manage and develop employees in accordance with the Department's people management policies to improve business performance and build potential by:
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous Operations Centre or Service Desk / helpdesk (or comparable) experience as team leader, directing daily operational workload and activities
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, directing activity and managing customer / stakeholder expectations
- Ability to coordinate different activities with diverse business units.
- Knowledge and experience working within the principles of the ITIL Framework and qualified to ITIL Intermediate level as a minimum
- Experience of administration/configuration of IT systems to meet business requirements
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines and to a high quality
- Experience of a Service Management toolset (Service Now preferable)
- Qualified to ITIL v3 Practitioner or Expert level certification
- Experience of an Event Management toolset (Solar Winds preferable)
- Experience of a Service Asset and Configuration toolset (SCCM preferable)
- Experience working in a team with diverse technical skills and subject matter expertise
- Experience working in an IT Application Support environment
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please click "apply" or contact James Spence-Evans at Experis for further information.