ITOC Team Leader / Manager
IT Operations Centre Team Leader / Manager - Service Desk, Helpdesk, Service Management
Manchester (Soapworks) - £48,836 - £56,405 + excellent benefits + training package + shift allowance
IT Operations Centre Team Leader- we are looking to recruit an IT Operations Centre Team Leader to join the IT Operations Centre (ITOC) service that will provide real time monitoring of the core technology, infrastructure, applications and services within the Home Office under the direct management of HODDaT, providing a holistic single operational view of our enterprise estate, related technologies, services and complex interfaces.
This is a brand new role, which offers the opportunity for you to develop your knowledge and skill base through undertaking technical training in an areas that the Home Office are building upon within their operations control capability.
- Lead and manage the ITOC and the workload of shift leaders and their shift analysts across the portfolio of services under the remit of the ITOC, ensuring alignment with Home Office Technology and Live Services strategies, policies, processes and standards.
- Manage and develop employees in accordance with the Department's people management policies to improve business performance and build potential by:
- Escalation Point - 2nd level escalation point (Shift Leaders will support initial escalation)
- Ensure shift handover process is effective and followed by the team, to provide continuity of services providing 24 x 7 working
- Ensure shift rotas are set and maintained to support the 24 x 7 service, in accordance with agreed process and resource models
- With the Head of Operations (TSS), set the objectives for the delivery of services of the ITOC
- Ensure that programme transition smoothly ITOC with proactive interaction with programme teams to build ITOC capabilities to meet future needs.
- Use data to inform strategic decision making within TSS and HODDaT
- Maintain strategic stakeholder relationships and provide support and guidance to Shift Leaders and Analysts when managing those relationships.
- Ensure ITOC processes and policies are fit for purpose with clear swim-lanes to appropriately manage activity within and outside of ITOC.
- Maintain the ITOC Operating model to facilitate new services and continual service improvement and ensure that the people, processes, technology and knowledge is in place and maintained
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous Operations Centre or Service Desk / helpdesk (or comparable) experience as team leader, directing daily operational workload and activities
- Good analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, directing activity and managing customer / stakeholder expectations
- Ability to coordinate different activities with diverse business units.
- Knowledge and experience working within the principles of the ITIL Framework and qualified to ITIL Intermediate level as a minimum
- Experience of administration/configuration of IT systems to meet business requirements
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines and to a high quality
- Experience of a Service Management toolset (Service Now preferable)
- Qualified to ITIL v3 Practitioner or Expert level certification
- Experience of an Event Management toolset (Solar Winds preferable)
- Experience of a Service Asset and Configuration toolset (SCCM preferable)
- Experience working in a team with diverse technical skills and subject matter expertise
- Experience working in an IT Application Support environment
If this opportunity sounds of interest, please click "apply" or contact James Spence-Evans at Experis for further information.