It Engineer - VMware
IT Engineer - Permanent - Surrey - £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
The engineer will join a small, highly motivated team that provides support across multiple projects and be involved in aspects of system integration, development and training.
Previous experience in a support role is essential including some of the following:
- Windows Server 2016
- Preparation and maintenance of handbooks
- Fault finding and logical/deductive reasoning
- Good communication skills and the ability to interface with clients
- File Server, 2016 SQL Server, Remote Desktop Services, Remote Application Services, IIS, CMD & Power-Shell scripting
- Active Directory
- Root/Child Domain Structure
- Group Policy Management
- Network Infrastructure
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RRAS, WAN, RDP, Remote Management, Static Routes, Managed Switches (CISCO trained), Firewalls.
- Windows 10 Administrator
- Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Availability Groups, Client Access Servers.
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Vmware vSphere (EXSi)
- WorkStation configuration and deployment
- Vmware vServer
- Vmware vSAN
- A/V Endpoint Protection Maintenance, Symantec, McAfee, Sophos, Kaspersky
- Linux (Fedora)
Knowledge of the following would be desirable:
- Security documentation i.e. RMADS and SyOPs
- Security hardening and NCSC and NIST procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- UK National
- DV or SC Clearance or be prepared to go through the security clearance process
- Full driving license
- Ideally degree qualified or suitable experience
- Ideally Microsoft Certified Professional
- Ideally Vmware vsphere: Install, configure, manage trained or experience
- Ideally CCNP or CCNA
- Ideally will have classroom training experience
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV/SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV/SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.