My client, a financial services organisation based in Leeds are currently looking for a contract security consultant to join their expanding Security function. This role will initially be a 3 month contract, working closely with business work streams to ensure that security is embedded into all projects. If you are looking for a new challenge, within an organisation with significant board level buy in who wholly recognise the importance of security to business success, then please get in touch for more details.
- Strong people skills with the ability to identify the need for, and build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Strong negotiation skills - capable of influencing project teams regarding implementation of relevant security controls whilst also supporting the demands and pressures we face in our business.
- Capable of making complex security issues simple to understand for all audiences.
- Thorough analytical, problem solving and risk management skills
- At least five years' experience of managing/performing information security consultancy / risk assessment of business systems.
- Proven experience of successful delivery within both agile and waterfall structured projects
- Strong understanding of security consultancy or application security and infrastructure security
- Strong understanding, and recent experience of web application security, OWASP top 10, common security threats and how to defend against such threat vectors;
- Recent experience of security for business systems and common IT infrastructure
- Experience in structured risk management process/methodology (CRAMM, OCTAVE, ISO27005 or equivalent risk management methodology) is essential.
- Experience of Information Security best practices, policies and structured security frameworks such as ISO27001
- Experience of operating within an ISO27001 certified environment
- Experience of working within Financial Services or similar heavily regulated business is necessary
- CISSP or CISM security qualification or equivalent experience.
To apply for the role please send your CV to Mary.Worthington@sandersonplc.com. Or for more information call Mary on 01179145273.