Manufacturing Engineer (Continuous Improvement / Lean)
1 day left
- Job Type
Our client, a world leading high-tech engineering organisation is currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer to identify and deliver continuous improvement projects.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To drive plant improvement projects through use of appropriate Key Performance Indicators and Continuous Improvement tools. To support and resolve advanced manufacturing and maintenance issues with permanent engineered solutions utilising both internal and external resources.
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or service
- Use Lean techniques (VSM, Work Study, Waste Walks etc.) to identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Facilitate cross functional problem solving activities to close out repeat or challenging issues.
- Understand cost file impact, and use as baseline data for all improvements.
- Collect data to be used in project recognition and validation.
- Demonstrate financial / resource benefits when applicable.
- Create action / timing plans that can be used to measure implementation progress.
- Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, Company policies and procedures.
- Support for lean design of new product introduction / launch.
- Support internal and external product and process moves.
- Simulate process layouts and timings to identify improvements in early project stages
- Ensure that process changes are reflected in manufacturing documentation.
- Define robust testing routines for new equipment to ensure successful sign off into manufacturing.
- Liaise with support functions to ensure resource is available for project completion.
- Identify and manage contractors in both specification and delivery to project timelines.
- To ensure conformance to TS16949 and ISO 14001 procedures.
- To carry out any additional duties that they may be reasonably expected to perform.
Impress us - with your professional and personal skills.
- Degree in Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent relevant qualification
- Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manufacturing operations background, preferably automotive
- Competent user of Microsoft Office IT tools
- Exposure to Lean training, and use of continuous improvement tools
Please apply now for more information.
Apply for Manufacturing Engineer (Continuous Improvement / Lean)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly