Head of Sales & Business Development
- Job Type
Head of Sales & Business Development - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £65,000 + Bonus/Car Allowance
Our client is looking for a Head of Sales and Business Development to provide leadership and direction to the Sales Team and to meet agreed Sales Targets whilst driving business growth, and to help define and deliver their Strategic Plan.
This new role is required to maintain and build on the reputation and profile the client. The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the sales budget.
They would work with the Senior Management team to establish a strategy and delivery of the Sales and strategic objectives for the function to maximise clients range, and reach to defined targets against Pipeline, conversion rate, customer satisfaction and other metrics.
Be responsible for managing and ensuring your team meet their agreed targets, whilst ensuring individual development plans are in place. Ensuring capability through training, establishing individual targets/objectives, and monitoring performance in line with all applicable legislation and Company directives.
- Manage the day to day running of the Sales Function to meet its obligations and to set clear objectives for each of the team through regular personal development reviews
- Deliver the agreed budgets and strategic plan
- Obsessive drive for results, with the ability to influence key stakeholders
- A clear understanding of business financials, sales margins, how to improve them and how to calculate them and be financially astute
- To work closely with the European Sales Director in providing clear information on the status of the customer Order Book, including accurate future sales projections
- To review the performance of individuals in the team and identify areas
- Ensure the development of succession plans for key posts in the business, develop & nurture individuals to advance within the organisation
- To develop staff through suitable training and by giving them opportunities to gain experiences within the work environment.
- To ensure staff meet their sales targets and are support the wider strategic aims
- To ensure staff have clear account responsibilities with clear account development plans
Customer / Markets
- To work closely with Customers to ensure there is a clear understanding of their ongoing requirements and to manage ongoing relationships in a positive and beneficial manner
- To ensure the sales team builds up a data base of customer information and that visit reports are generated by the sales team
- To support and present Customer bid submissions and ensure that Customer's technical and commercial requirements are fully understood with no areas of ambiguity, and that they are appropriately costed in any bid submission
- To work closely with other members of the team on the preparation of bid submissions
- To prepare for and represent Exhibitions / Seminars / Supplier days
- To help identify and open new sales channels
- To ensure internal processes and controls are in line with best practice and company assets are protected.
- To keep abreast of legislative changes that may impact the business.
- To undertake regular reviews of business activities and performance and ensure that there is clear ownership and timelines on addressing issues and delivering plans, and to ensure that they are met.
- To ensure compliance with legislation and conform to best practice in meeting the requirements of the customer.
- To help negotiate Customer Contracts, to review Terms and Conditions and ensure they are consistent with commercial objectives and Corporate Governance Guidelines
Leadership & Behavioural
- Be results driven with attention to detail
- Provide inspirational leadership to the business and be a role model to staff, must be able to make a positive impact within the work environment
- To contribute to strategic and operational discussions and help develop future plans
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation, both verbally and in writing
- Holding an Engineering degree is preferred, an MBA would be a plus
- Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant applied experience with target Customer Base
- Computer literate, with MS Office skills including Excel
- Senior level experience with commercial knowledge of dealing with Customers and Suppliers
- Ability to dissect complex information and be able to iterate to non-subject matter experts in a clear and concise manner
- Be able to present both internally and externally with gravitas and credibility and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have a sound knowledge of the wider economic surroundings both for the UK and internationally
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.
Apply for Head of Sales & Business Development
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly