Senior Project Engineer
Job Role: Senior Project Engineer
Salary/Rate: Up to £38,500
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC or DV Clearance
Senior Project Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - Up to £38,500
Our client is looking for a Senior Project Engineer who will manage, lead and support projects from initial enquiry in accordance with programme, project and customer procedures. Ensure the safe, efficient and effective implementation of project activity in line with all applicable legislation and company directives. Make key engineering decisions as required on a day to day basis.
- Support the Production, Sales, PMO, Purchasing, Customer Support and TEMPEST teams as products progress through all stages of the development and production process.
- System authority for all new developments and product derivatives.
- Familiar with Nationally Recognised Test Laboratory (NRTL) standards and CE Mark criteria.
- Manage and conduct internal and external EMC, Environmental and Functional test programmes.
- Generate innovative product design solutions to comply with the Statement of Work and budgetary targets.
- Create, review or manage externally subcontracted circuit and PCB design work.
- Create, manage and publish design, BOM, project and test documentation in accordance with company, customer and BS standards.
- Produce project time plans to ensure successful delivery of development and test programmes.
- Create, review and approve Product Test Specification in accordance with company procedures.
- Provide technical support to Design Engineers ensuring knowledge and experience is transferred through mentorship.
- Generate and control project specific deliverable documentation.
- Liaise with suppliers and customers, establish lead times and maintain quality standards.
- Prepare cost estimates of NRE work, Test programmes, product costings and technical response documents to support Sales with bid activities and proposals to customers.
- Actively create, initiate, support and implement Drawing Office Procedures, maintain company Document Release and Engineering Change Request procedures.
- Work towards personal and developmental SMART Objectives.
- Work with the PMO department to feed them key information on project time scales and arising issues.
- Assign, create or verify part numbers and descriptions on the SOW before they are signoff by other departments.
- Review and sign off ECR's and Release Record's as Engineering System Authority.
- Create and own Block Diagrams in support of the design process.
- Produce or oversee the creation of Project specific documentation as required on larger military style project.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- HNC or BEng in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years' Experience.
- A basic understanding of modern design practices, manufacturing processes and their costs drivers.
- Experience in working in a regulated industry, understanding data storage criteria and handling sensitive information up to UK Secret.
- Maintain a continuous assessment of new technologies and procedures which may be appropriate to be incorporated into future products and processes to enable company growth and development.
- Advanced understanding of Communications, Computer, Server and Client IT equipment.
- Ensure and consolidate the growth of the technical "know-how" within the department is shared and constantly increased.
- Excellent Authoring and Proof-reading skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of company practices and procedures as laid down in the Staff Handbook.
- Understanding of quality standards and systems.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite in particular Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint and Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics.
- Ability to supervise and work as part of a team or independently under minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of documented business systems. E.g. ISO:9001:2015.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Processes ability for short to long term thinking.
- Problem solving ability.
- Can do - attitude.
- Team player/autonomy.
- 40 hours per week.
- 25 days holiday.
- Pension scheme 3% employee/ 6% employer.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.