RF & Microwave Engineer
Job Role: RF & Microwave Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary/Rate: Up to £52,000
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC or DV Clearance
RF & Microwave Engineer - Permanent - Milton Keynes - Up to £52,000
Our client is looking for an RF & Microwave Engineer who will carry out design, development and evaluation of microwave and RF components, sub-systems and assemblies for Design and Development programmes.
- Provide design for cost solutions for product developments that meet with the technical requirements and company processes for manufacture
- Develop strong working relationships with other team members and production engineering to ensure that designs are fit for purpose and are capable of being manufactured cost efficiently
- Support and contribute to an atmosphere of innovation within the team, provide inspiration and support on new product developments
- Ensure Manufacturing Packages (BoMs, drawings etc.) are generated and maintained by the use of controlled Engineering change processes.
- Contribute to programmes to ensure all aspects (including electrical, mechanical, costs and time scales) meet project requirements, under the guidance of the Project Manager
- Supervise, and provide guidance to, technicians engaged in the design and evaluation of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies
- Assist Marketing in the generation of RFQs by providing the technical inputs required to meet the specifications and times to carry out the work
- Assist manufacturing to resolve technical problems as required
- Provide assistance in other departments in order to meet Company objectivesa
- Keep up to date with technological advances by networking , attending seminars, forging links with universities etc.
- Ensure that all Environmental Health and Safety / Company Policies are adhered to at all times
- Work with the operations team to resolve manufacturing issues
- Continuous Improvement, You will have responsibility to make suggestions on Continuous Improvement within the business
- Minimum 5 years Engineering experience in the Aerospace and Defence industry
- Degree in Electronic Engineering and relevant work Experience
- Further education/courses associated with Electronic, RF and Microwave engineering.
- Membership of a recognised Institute an advantage
- Good working knowledge of RF and Microwave products and systems
- Experienced in design of RF & Microwave LNA and Power Amplifiers for communications and Radar systems
- Good working knowledge of materials associated with RF and Microwave products
- Familiar with the common RF & Microwave CAD design tools
- Strong technical and communications skills - able to sell the virtues of our technology/solutions to the customer while understanding and avoiding undue risk
- Self-motivated, creative and forward thinking
- Flexible at all times and particularly when deadlines need to be met
- 40 hours per week.
- 25 days holiday.
- Pension scheme 3% employee/ 6% employer.
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC security clearance. If you do not hold an active SC clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.