Exciting PERMANENT Purchaser position based in Hampshire!!!
About the company:
Our client is a newly established Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) at based near Alton, in Hampshire, and due to an extensive expansion program they are seeking a Purchaser to join their growing team.
As a Purchaser you will be joining our client at a very exciting time. They have over 60 years of engineering excellence and have established themselves as the partner of choice for Boeing aircraft maintenance and repair in the UK and Europe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, sourcing and ordering of material to support the aircraft maintenance programme and aircraft operation. You would need to demonstrate the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience of a similar role which includes:
- Tactical Buying to satisfy aircraft maintenance and operational shortage requirements
- Processing, administering and overseeing the management of orders to purchase, repair, exchange or loan material required to satisfy production or operational shortages
- Negotiating costs by communicating effectively and persuasively
- Maintaining and enforcing integrity of purchasing information held on the company's systems
- Working effectively in a team
- Promoting and maintaining good relationships with customers, suppliers and 2Excel Engineering Personnel
- Procurement Sourcing to deliver robust and cost efficient supply chains
- Capable of using and updating company IT software and systems
- Import and export procedures associated with the movement of aircraft materiel;
- MRP and other inventory planning and control methodologies
- Experience of working within an engineering environment (preferably Aviation)
In addition, we are looking for candidates who are willing and have the ability to develop your knowledge and capabilities across all aspects of the Purchaser role
The role is offered on a full time basis with normal working hours being 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. As production support requirements dictate, this role may from time to time be rostered to work on weekends, bank holidays and evenings.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.
With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.
To see our full list of current vacancies, training courses, latest news or to find out any further information about Aeropeople please call the Recruitment team on 01223 373333 or visit our website www.aeropeople.com