Migration Network Engineer
Migration Network Engineer - Security Cleared
My global IT Services client have a new vacancy for a Security Cleared Migration Network Engineer for an initial 6 month contract position.
Reporting into the migration Senior PM and the Migration Technical Lead Architect, the Network Engineer will undertake site surveys, at multiple customer locations and create designs.
The role will be based in Basingstoke with travel to other sites.
Day to day tasks include:
- Configuring and implementing networks in line with the Network LLD designs.
- Taking ownership of network build documentation components for specific key programme activities.
- Ensuring the documentation produced is fit for purpose and reusable through the life of the project.
- Providing input into reports ,when required, to the Lead Network Architect, Project Network architects and Project Managers
- Liaising with other technical project team members such as Integrators and test engineers to ensure that the network element of the infrastructure and systems are built in a timely manner.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in site surveys and network migration.
- Excellent network configuration experience using Juniper and Cisco technologies
- Experience of configuring LAN switches from Juniper and Cisco portfolio.
- Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
- Other network protocols such as TCP and UDP
- VRF and VLAN configuration
- Access lists configuration
- IP Addressing design
- Network troubleshooting
- Security clearance - Ideally to DV Level.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.