Job title Infrastructure Engineer: Data Centre & Server
Salary: Up to £32K plus 5% flexible benefit fund
This is a huge IT Estate that can offer fantastic career progression and an unusual and satisfying working environment. We have a brand new position for an Infrastructure Engineer to work in a varied and interesting split server team and data centre role, with additional responsibilities on our enterprise level server estate.
It is essential that you are SC Cleared or eligible and eligible for DV Clearance for this fantastic opportunity. Current DV Clearance is a bonus.
- Working with the other Data Centre staff, ensure that the data centre is available and secure where required
- Asset management and tracking through the relevant systems
- Racking, installation and monitoring of new Data Centre systems and environments
- Provide assistance to cover Data Centre staff absence potentially at our sister sites
- Management of workload where required to assist the Server Team with incident resolution
- Maintain knowledge on technical subjects relevant to role
- Ensure Change management is implemented and followed.
- All works to conform and satisfy CIDA Configuration Management
- Engage with Projects and Demand Service and assist in their delivery
- Experience in a Data Centre environment
- Up to date exposure to an Enterprise level server environment
- Eligible for SC and DV Clearance
- 3rd Line (server) experience
- Infrastructure Management / Design
- Process documentation and management
- Asset Management, tracking and reporting
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.