Linux Engineer Storage
Job title Linux / Storage Engineer
Salary: Up to £40K plus 5% flexible benefit fund
This massive IT Estate has a new requirement for an Infrastructure Engineer, specialising in Linux, to become an integral part of this interesting and challenging role. Providing support to the Scality storage solution running on a Linux (Centos 7) environment, you need to0 have experience in this area and a proven track record of working in a technically challenging infrastructure. It is essential that you are SC Cleared or eligible and eligible for DV Clearance for this fantastic opportunity. Current DV Clearance is a bonus.
- Provide technical expertise to support Linux related calls.
- Promote system enhancements and development to improve efficiency and service.
- Technical assistance to engineers raising tickets through our helpdesk system.
- Assist with routine hardware, software and operating system management of the following types of computer systems:
Centos 7 based physical and virtual solutions
HP Apollo servers
Basic network configuration including fibre optic connectivity
ILO config and management
- Ensuring system configuration, performance and availability meets Service Level Agreements
- Carry out system performance and capacity monitoring using monitoring tools and regular system checks.
- Liaise with teams to ensure effective integration of Linux systems with the corporate Microsoft environment and the Scality solution software.
- Monitor reported vulnerabilities, assessing the impact on supported systems and applying required patches.
- Ensure systems are maintained in a current state by identifying, testing and installing relevant Operating System and software upgrades.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation to support systems.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux or derivatives (CentOS/Oracle Linux) in a production/commercial environment
- Enthusiasm to learn and embrace new technologies
- Understanding of Shell scripting
- Understanding of Linux/Unix security management
- SC Cleared or eligible
- DV Cleared or a willingness to undergo high level security clearance
- Experience with Scality storage systems
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or equivalent qualification
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent qualification
- Experience implementing Puppet and or Foreman (Katello)
- Experience of NFS, SAMBA and S3 file systems
- Scripting with a mainstream scripting language
- Experience managing HP Server Infrastructure
- Understanding of enterprise server cluster technologies
- Experience of Microsoft Server OS, Active Directory and file services.
- Experience of DHCP / DNS
- Experience corporate/enterprise back up solutions
- Experience managing Virtual Machines (VMWare)
- ITIL experience
- DV Cleared
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.
Find out more
Visit the Sopra Steria website and Sopra Steria LinkedIn company page.