£39,333 - £45,232
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a Content Designer for one of our high profile clients based in Croydon. This is an incredible opportunity to work in a fast-paced delivery team, create clear, user-led content for digital services. You will work closely with user researchers and interaction designers to challenge assumptions and test ideas, writing content which meets user needs as clearly and quickly as possible.
The ideal candidate will be
- Confident working with user needs and identifying how content within transactional services meets those needs.
- Able to take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand.
- Comfortable explaining your decisions to stakeholders who don't understand web usability.
- Passionate about what you bring to service delivery, and be an advocate for user needs within the team and the wider department.
Day to day you'll:
- Scope, write and edit digital content for complex internal and externally-facing transactional services.
- Ensure customer journeys are the best they can be.
- Manage relationships with subject matter experts to make sure content is accurate.
- Deliver plain English content that is accurate, timely, relevant, easy to understand, SEO optimised and written to style.
- Choose the best format to deliver content to the user and identify gaps.
- Manage the fact-checking process with policy and legal colleagues.
- Publish content quickly and efficiently.
- Monitor the performance of content and tools and work with multidisciplinary teams to understand user behaviour and feedback.
- Identify ways to improve content and iteratively improve the product.
- Be at ease in an agile environment with rapidly changing deadlines, workloads and goals.
- Demonstrable knowledge and passion for user centred design practices for public facing and internal services and applications.
- Experience of writing for the web, with proven ability to create usable and accessible content.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in content publishing systems.
- Experience of working within a web application development environment, and be proficient in Markdown, picture sourcing and editing.
- Experience in using metrics and user feedback to define and refine content.
- Experience across devices (desktop, tablet and mobile), tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
- Knowledge of GOV.UK and the Government Digital Service Standard.
If you would like to discuss this position further please do not hesitate to call Ryan on 0161 924 3689.