Chief Engineer - Software & Systems
Job Role: Chief Engineer
Salary/Rate: Excellent Salary!
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: DV Clearance
Chief Engineer - Permanent - Somerset - Excellent Salary!
Our client is looking for an experienced Chief Engineer to lead the complete set of engineering activities.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Generation and maintenance of the Systems Engineering Work Package Agreements
- Generation and maintenance of Systems Engineering Management Plans (SEMPs)
- The successful execution of system engineering activities to budget and schedule; management and oversight of the lower-level engineering work packages
- Generation of the overall Engineering schedules and monthly updates to reflect progress
- Identification of engineering risks and management of mitigation actions, with monthly status updates
- Support of the generation and maintenance of the Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification Plan(s)
- Production of monthly reports on the progress, issues and decisions associated with the engineering aspects of each project - dashboard reporting
- Production of engineering metrics in accordance with the project requirements
- Organisation of Change Review Boards associated with the systems activities
- Organisation of all mandated system-level design reviews for the specified engineering lifecycle
- Organisation of the work of the allocated systems engineers
- Support to subcontract management of suppliers and key industrial partners
- Conformance required with appropriate quality standards and procedures
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation (external and internal)
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Demonstrable relevant systems engineering experience in the defence industry (typically complex systems with software content)
- Proven Engineering Management experience & capability, across the complete engineering lifecycle including IVVQ and Specialist Engineering (Safety, Security, ILS, ARM, Human Factors, Environmental, EMC testing, CE Marking)
- Clear and demonstrable technical and managerial leadership within an engineering environment, with excellent people management skills and the ability to influence and challenge others
- Team player who can interface at all levels within engineering and manufacturing company, represent the company to outside government and customer organisations, and who can operate successfully in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work professionally and constructively within a team environment providing advice and consultancy
- Is a self-starter, capable of working on own initiative with a high level of integrity
- Strong analytical abilities with a methodical approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to team members, Design Authorities and varying levels of senior management
- Comprehensive understanding of discipline Engineering Standards, processes and maturity models
- An ability to quickly assimilate and utilise a knowledge of the technical and market environment and apply this to the commercial requirements of the business
- Recognised relevant technical qualification, such as HND level, and can demonstrate experience of working in a defence environment for a significant number of years
- Chartered Engineer, or equivalent
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV security clearance. If you do not hold an active DV clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2017.