Investigator, Operations Team (North) – Secondment – CEOP
Secondment Opportunity Open to Substantive and External Staff on Lateral Transfer or Promotion.
A Secondment opportunity has arisen for an investigator to join the CEOP Operations team.
• This role involves participation in and development of serious CSE investigations from the planning stage through to conviction.
• The officer will be expected to deal with referrals, interventions, proactive operations; actively take part in gathering information, intelligence and evidence in order to reduce the risk of sexual exploitation to children.
• The officer will work closely with other investigators and child protection advisers to ensure that children are safeguarded and offenders brought to justice effectively and efficiently.
• They will assist in all aspects of case preparation including prisoner processing, case file compilation/court presentation, and witness management.
• Build good working relationships with both internal and external partners including police forces.
• Officers may be expected to work long hours at short notice should the investigation require it.
Candidates should note that this role involves frequent exposure to child abuse images and material. All officers working in CEOP must undergo a psychological wellbeing assessment before taking up the role and at regular intervals once in post.
Candidates are required to provide evidence against ONLY the following Personal Qualities Framework (PQF). The level required is listed on the Role Profile and below
- Teamwork & Partnership
- Problem Solving
- Personal Accountability
- Negotiating & Influencing
Candidates are required to provide evidence against ONLY the following Entry Criteria taken from the Role Profile and the Government Communication Professional Competency Framework –
- Good understanding of relevant legislation (UK and international law) affecting Agency activity, in particular the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 including the codes of practice ‘C’.
- Proven experience of investigating serious crime.
- Risk management.
Training & Professional Qualifications
Essential at Entry:
- PIP 2 or equivalent (evidence of accreditation will be required).
- CPIA Training
Desirable at Entry:
- Experience of working in a public protection environment.
- Tier 3 Suspect interview trained.
Please carefully read all the information on this advert and the attached documents.
Candidates must fully complete the attached two forms to be considered for this vacancy:
• External Application Form
• Equality & Diversity Form
Please return both documents
If you already work for the NCA and wish to apply for this role you must complete the Internal Application Form found on the NCA intranet.
- The Application Form, Guidance Notes, Role Profile and Personal Qualities Framework (PQF) should be attached. If they are not or you can not download them please email email@example.com for an application pack
- To ensure that your application / emails regarding this vacancy are actioned please ensure that the title of the email contains the vacancy reference number - G5 Investigator, Operations Team (North) – Secondment – CEOP – HP1597801SS
- Should an application arrive after the stated deadline it will not be included in the recruitment process, regardless of the reason.
- Should you be successful at short listing but cannot attend on the date/time allocated to yourself for an interview date The Recruitment Team cannot guarantee an alternate date, regardless of the reason.
alary: The salary band for this position is £24,964 to £30,626. Where existing Civil Servants or police officers/staff apply on transfer to the NCA at the equivalent grade/rank, pay principles on Civil Service transfers/police secondments will apply.
To be considered, you will need to successfully complete SC clearance before commencing the role and for specified roles DV clearance within the first 12 months as part of your probation period.
You will also be required to undertake a mandatory pre-employment substance misuse test and achieve a satisfactory result.
DRIVING DIVERSITY FORWARD
The NCA is a Disability Confident Employer. If you would like this application form in a different format, please contact the Recruitment Team using the details shown towards the end of the form.
More searches like this
- Central Government SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Chorley
- Intelligence SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Chorley
- Management / Executive SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Chorley
- Policing SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Chorley
- Security SC Permanent £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Chorley