Delivery Manager - SC Cleared
Our client require an SC Cleared Delivery Manager to manage the delivery of software application development and / or COTS implementation as part of a large digital programme. The role will involve extensive interaction with customers, senior stakeholders, management and third party sub-contractors. SC Clearance will be utilised as part of the role.
- Manage a project team to deliver new digital products using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
- Plan, lead, organise, and motivate the project team to achieve a high level of performance and quality in line with programme standards;
- Draft contracts for your team members and third party suppliers as necessary and manage them to deliver against those contracts;
- Support the business project manager and IT programme manager in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Work with the product owner and service manager to establish and maintain the roadmap and sprint plans for the product to be delivered according to a backlog of prioritised user stories.
- Manage the transition into support of new digital products.
- Lead and facilitate agile ceremonies; prepare and distribute regular reports as necessary.
- Implement project management processes and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for project management;
- Ensure company and department policies, processes and standards are adhered to.
- Be visible to staff and stakeholders and regularly undertake activities to engage and build trust with people involved in your area of work.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, in a client facing team (not internal development), as a delivery manager successfully implementing software development projects, managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with cross functional teams.
- Experience of transitioning new digital products in to support
- Solid understanding of software development or COTS package implementation life cycle models as well as good knowledge of agile project management principles and practices.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams, including solution architects, developers, testers & business analysts
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Client facing skills; a capable and confident facilitator with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands