We are recruiting for Automation Testers to join our teams based on client site in London. The role of Automation Tester is to create technical solutions to improve test process efficiency and validate the quality of the system. It's important that our Automation Testers are able to apply prior technical experience and techniques to develop test frameworks/products, automated tests and enable continuous delivery.
- Design, develop and maintain automated scripts for black and white box tests
- Establish a technical understanding of the system under test
- Manage the execution and reporting of automated test suites (sometimes including performance tests)
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve test process/efficiency
- Work closely with development teams to reproduce and resolve defects
- Collaborate with and present improvement and ideas to other members of the test team
- Define standards and continually develop frameworks for automated testing to be used company wide
- Strong desire to understand and resolve difficult technical issues
- Experience writing good quality object-oriented code (e.g. using Java)
- Knowledge of build automation systems (e.g. Ant, Maven), version control (e.g. Git, SVN) and continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively within a software development team
- Strong quality drive - experience working in test is not essential
- Experience using testing frameworks (e.g. TestNG, xUnit) to script tests
- Experience using defect and test management tools (e.g. JIRA) to track defects and manage tests
- Experience using web based automation tools (e.g. Selenium)
- General technical automation tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Vagrant)
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: UK Services
UK Services delivers IT Services and Consultancy to Applied Intelligence clients based primarily in the UK. We divide our clients into 3 market segments; National Security, Government and Enterprise Services. We differentiate ourselves through recognised expertise in Data, Security, Digital Media and Business Solutions.