We are looking for a Performance Tester to join our established team on client site in London. The performance of our applications is fundamental to everything we do. We develop and integrate applications of national importance, which really do make this country a better, safer place to live. We’ll give you the chance to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment on exciting projects, and you’ll be a high-performing individual, who can make sure we have high-performing applications.
Essential skills and knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience, and enjoys the challenge of working in a dynamic and technically challenging environment.
- A degree in a numerate or technical discipline such as Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics (preferably 2:1 or equivalent)
- Proven experience of performance testing, preferably of web applications and web services, but all performance test experience is relevant
- Experience of investigating root causes of performance issues and providing corrective actions - either individually or in conjunction with the development team
- Tenacity to take each performance issue as far as possible, often to the point of being able to suggest a fix
- Experience of supporting more junior team members, and sharing knowledge and experience both within the projects they are working on and across the wider test community
Essential competencies and experience
- Experience with the performance testing of web applications
- Experience of using Windows / UNIX / Linux / Web / Database performance monitors to diagnose performance issues
- Experience at scripting and executing performance tests
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willing & eligible to obtain DV clearance
Desirable competencies and experience
Experience with the performance testing of REST & SOAP web services
- Experience with NeoLoad or JMeter
- Some development experience- preferably with Java or C#
- Experience of Oracle databases
- Experience planning, estimating and designing, the performance tests.
- ISEB or ISTQB Software Testing Foundation qualification (or higher)
Security Clearance is required for this vacancy. If you are not currently Security Cleared, you will need to be eligible for this and willing to go through the process. For more guidance on National Security Vetting please click here.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Division Overview: UK Services
UK Services delivers IT Services and Consultancy to Applied Intelligence clients based primarily in the UK. We divide our clients into 3 market segments; National Security, Government and Enterprise Services. We differentiate ourselves through recognised expertise in Data, Security, Digital Media and Business Solutions.